Amanda Staveley has already vowed Newcastle United’s transfer window in January as a second signing is under consideration
Amanda Staveley’s ‘robust business plan’ revisited, Kieran Trippier’s deal and potential next steps for Newcastle United in the January transfer window.
As cellphones rang around Tyneside and beyond, and Newcastle United’s signing of Kieran Tripper was finally confirmed, Amanda Staveley’s ‘robust business plan’ began to kick in.
After weeks of speculation and negotiation, the United hierarchy had to wait to officially unveil their first window addition after initially planning to make the announcement on Thursday afternoon.
Trippier had visited Tyneside just over 24 hours earlier and had gone through usual medical procedures and performed club media duties once an initial Â£ 12million with an additional Â£ 3million in possible additions had been agreed with Atletico Madrid.
Trippier and his representatives have stayed at a hotel in Tyneside for the past two nights while awaiting news of the deal closing.
However, the delay in completion and the announcement was caused by a delay in Spain and it is also believed that key figures of the La Liga champions tried at the last minute to persuade the England star to stay at the Wanda Metropolitano stadium. no later than Thursday. Morning.
A deal on the announcement was finally made and it allowed United fans to wake up on Friday with the news that their club had secured what is sure to be a turbulent window underway with an impressive capture.
Trippier trained within hours of the deal being confirmed and received international clearance in time to make his Magpies debut in the FA Cup exit on Saturday at the hands of the Ligue 1 squad Cambridge United.
The addition of the England defender sees Amanda Staveley and the PIF-backed consortium starting to leave their mark on the club – although the abysmal performance in Saturday’s loss shows there is still a lot of work to be done.
What Amanda Staveley Said Previously
Speaking to the club’s website in November, Staveley said: âWe have a solid business plan and we are developing it every week.
âJanuary is here, so we are preparing for the January transfer window.
“This is not a window that we would normally want to invest in because you are probably not getting the right deals, but it is something that is important right now and preparing for it.”
More additions will surely follow and the work is underway – although Magpies boss Eddie Howe has not made a commitment on whether or when this could happen in his pre-game press conference on Friday morning. .
What Eddie Howe Said
He told the media: âI am confident but I cannot make any promises.
âWe are working hard to improve ourselves, and nothing is necessarily imminent. The outlook is changing hour by hour and we are working hard to get signatures.
“I have learned to laugh at the number of players we are linked with.”
With a deal in the bag, United owners will now focus on improving Howe’s squad in a bid to avoid relegation this season and lay the groundwork for a brighter future for the club. .
Two central defenders strongly linked
Several domestic and foreign media have revealed that the Magpies rejected a Â£ 30million offer for Sevilla’s Brazilian center-back Diego Carlos, just days after an offer for Lille defender Sven Botman experienced the same. comes out.
Both players remain on the agenda and an improved bid for Botman is currently under consideration by the reigning Ligue 1 champions.
The Netherlands Under-21 international is seen as a signed statement by the Magpies and, most importantly, he is said to be open to a move to Tyneside.
A left-back is also reportedly on the agenda and United have been linked with a move by Everton defender Lucas Digne and Ajax Argentina international Nicolas Tagliafico in the past week.
Jens Cajuste – do you remember him?
One name that shouldn’t find its way to Tyneside this month is Swedish international midfielder Jens Cajuste.
The FC Midtjylland star is said to have a number of passionate admirers at St James Park and United Scouts have reportedly watched the 22-year-old for the past 12-18 months.
United reportedly made a Â£ 13.5million offer for the midfielder in August and he spoke of his ‘childhood dream’ of playing in the Premier League.
He said: âThe sums are crazy but, at the same time, it’s fun to know that you are so appreciated. I take this as a motivation to work even harder.
âIt has been difficult at times, but it’s about controlling what you can control.
âThere are some things that you cannot control and you have to accept them. What you can do is work on and develop your own game. That’s what I’m trying to do.
âThere is hardly anything bigger than the Premier League, it would be really fun to take on that challenge. Like so many others, playing there was a childhood dream.
The likes of Premier League rivals Leeds United and Brentford have also been linked with a move by Cajuste – but NewcastleWorld has learned that his next destination will likely be in Europe with a number of French clubs leading the race for his signing.
Emergency for an attacker
Up to two forwards could arrive before the deadline as the Magpies face the prospect of life without top scorer Callum Wilson.
Analyzes have revealed that the injury to the striker in the 1-1 home draw against Manchester United will keep him out of action for at least two months – meaning a new addition at the top of the pitch has made progress the agenda for the Hierarchy of Magpies.
A permanent addition and loan signing have reportedly been discussed with Manchester United’s Anthony Martial, Brazil international Gabriel Barbosa and Liverpool striker Divock Origi, all linked to the club since the window opened last weekend.
With one eye-catching addition to the bag, the number of other follow-ups will continue to be a hot topic of conversation over the next several weeks on Tyneside.